I went up against some sharp competition Friday night at the Highland Park Annual Poetry Pentathlon. Shout out to Bryce Johnson on a well-deserved victory.
There were five events in all (hence ‘pentathlon’):
- The Pantoum (just google it)
- The Epistle (letter in verse)
- Poetry Potluck (perform another contestant’s entry)
- Fairy Tale Poem (written from the viewpoint of a minor character in a fairy tale)
- On the spot (prompt provided when you walk in)
I’ll publish my entries in separate posts now. Tell me what you think.